As my layout is relatively static in terms of build rate, most effort is currently going into developing idea's and pre-builds for the future layout. I have churned out quite a few buildings/projects recently and have a constant flow and huge backlog of developments and a large diorama (not complete). I will wet your appetite with what is currently on the bench, then will catch up with the completed stuff in subsequent posts. I will title each project so they don't all meld into each other. Cement mixer I purchased a slightly American looking 1:87 truck at a recent exhibition. It's a toy, but not badly detailed. The intent is to motorise it. (Lumsdonia Animotion). A quick strip down, clean up and respray determined that a motor and planetary gearbox would fit. I set too with the Dremel and hacked out some bits that were in the way of the motor, drilled a hole through the back of the cab and glued a shaft into the drum. The driver, seat and glazing would not fit as well as the motor, so I just reglazed the cab and glued it in with "Glue n Glaze". Some more hacking allows the wires out the bottom and tapping the base to M2 allows reassembly with set screws. It runs great, but is way too fast. So tonight I wrote the code in Arduino and checked it out on my simulator. So I can now drive it with PWM and control the speed and have ramp up and ramp down, stop and start. I also have two speeds and have realised I need an H bridge or DPCO relay to change direction. Thus I can have it idling at a low speed then a short fast speed after (in the opposite direction) to simulate reverse direction when unloading. I still need to add a hopper, chute and a water tank, then I will share the pics. When the H bridge turns up from China, I can build the electrics and then I can video it.